Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I've heard that a mental health diagnosis on your record during teenage years will come back to haunt you..?

I went to see a psychologist for social anxiety triggered during highschool by drama and bullying, and had to fill out forms on my first appointment that stated the insurance companies are allowed to disclose information. My mother was talking to a friend of hers who wanted her daughter to see a psychologist when she was young and she refused. The friend said her daughter was asked whether she'd seen a psychologist or not during her law board exams, and that the daughter replied "thank god i didn't go see that psychologist." My question is.. with a mental health diagnosis (social anxiety) on my record, will this keep me from attaining certain jobs in the future? I'm planning on becoming a doctor, which I know requires good judgement. Can anyone give me some insight into this?

No comments:

Post a Comment